regional youth conference 2007.... while we were waiting for it to start, we tried a new mexican treat...

here is brent trying coconut milk that was cut out of a coconut, nice and fresh about 3 minutes before this...

next... is eating the coconut that the milk came from... one of our friends here wanted us to try one... so i told her that she would have to prepare it for us... since i have no idea how you are supposed to eat them here in mexico... so fresh coconut, lime, lots of lime... salt.... and chili powder with a little chili sauce... bon appetite...
as you can tell from brents face... he did not like it very much... i didnt find a liking to it either... but good to try finally...


here is our ward and stake.... barrio miramar.... guaymas stake.... dancing at the regional youth conference.... it was pretty cool.... all the stakes of the whole state of sonora where there... each stake had their own dance and traditional clothing... our stake danced the tariachi... there were so many people there...


6 comments:
Did you like the fresh coconut milk? Do they put chili powder on everything? Nice face while you're chowing down, Brent! Those Mexican Mormons know how to have a good time!
That looks like so much fun. I wish American's had some type of tradition al dance or something! Did you get to join in the dancing?
Congrats on the baby news! I am so happy for you both. By the way, I love the fu manchu on brent. Very becoming...
Errin, how could I ever forget the Errin with two 'R's? We miss you at Tia's, but hope you come to visit soon. Looks like you guys are doing awesome, and that is great! Jewelia (sirrine) Eagar
So, I have it set up where comments from our blog are sent to our email address, but for some reason it doesn't let me reply to your email address. So, in answer to your question...I went to Northern Ireland for 3 weeks for a student exchange. It was so pretty there! (If you give me your email address, then I can just email you next time instead of posting a random comment. Our email is riggsfam@gmail.com)
Errin it is Sarah Smith/Scarbrough-- I can't belive that you guys are living in Mexico-- it looks like you are having so much fun! I see that you are pregnant and I am so excited for you both! Having a baby is absolutely wonderful! Keep staying healthy and keep posting the pictures, I love to see all the fun things you two have been up to!
Post a Comment