hope you dont mind that since i made our blog private i feel like i can spill my soul...
what moves you???
there are certain things that can move me and capture me within seconds... music will do that to me...
... i am officially coming out of the closet...
i am a closet miley cirus fan no more...
we own her cd...
there... i wrote it...
it started as a joke... i got the cd for brent for our anniversary... wrapped it up all pretty in some victoria secrets tissue paper and sent it to him while he was at mos training school... they are supposed to have to open all packages while in the company of their platoon sergeants... i thought it would be funny... but lucky for him they just gave him the package and he opened it by himself... then, he was very disappointed that the v.s. tissue paper was only for a miley cd...
haha...
although i think she can be kind of annoying... she can sing... and i love the lyrics in her songs...
When I Look At You :
Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
...
You love me for who I am
like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
and I know I'm not alone (Yeah)
Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
...
You love me for who I am
like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
and I know I'm not alone (Yeah)
so true... i think there is a song for everyone for every moment...
the time of our lives:
Let's have the time of our lives
Like there's no one else around
Just throw your hands up high
Even when they try to take us down
We'll have the time of our lives
Till the lights burn out
Let's laugh until we cry
Life is only what you make it now
Let have the time of our lives
Like there's no one else around
Just throw your hands up high
Even when they try to take us down
We'll have the time of our lives
Till the lights burn out
Let's laugh until we cry
Life is only what you make it now
Let have the time of our lives
i love this... such a happy song... for one of those moments that you feel like you are on top of the world and just want to dance...
and then there are songs that are like the sound track to our lives right now... and i absolutely love...
the beatles...
all my loving :
close your eyes and i'll kiss you
tomorrow i'll miss you
remember i'll always be true
and then while i'm away
i'll write home everyday
and i'll send all my loving to you
i'll pretend that i'm kissing
the lips i am missing
and hope that my dreams
will come true
all my loving, i will send to you
all my loving, darling i'll be true
and then muse...
there are too many muse songs for me to even start... but here are a few lyrics i just cant help but list:
resistance:
Love is our resistance
They'll keep us apart and they wont to stop breaking us down
Hold me
They'll keep us apart and they wont to stop breaking us down
Hold me
...
If we live a life in fear
I'll wait a thousand years
just to see you smile again
If we live a life in fear
I'll wait a thousand years
just to see you smile again
i belong to you:
I can't find the words to say
They're overdue
I've travelled half the world to say
I belong to you
They're overdue
I've travelled half the world to say
I belong to you
this is the second time in our lives, while being together, that we have been half a world apart... i didnt think that it would ever happen a second time...
something about distance and love...
George Eliot
"What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
Thomas Fuller
"Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
"What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
Thomas Fuller
"Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
there are another million songs i could list but we'll stop with those few...
what songs move you???
what are the soundtracks of your lives???
ps... note to self : take more pictures with brent... ask strangers... they are always happy to help!!!
5 comments:
Errin it means so much to me to know how much you love Brent. Thank you for being an amazing member of our family :)
Also, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, and Format songs are the soundtrack to my life! I can't choose one in particular!
That candid picture of you two looking at each other is PRICELESS. I seriously starting crying.. And you made me want to listen to Miley :)
I love Muse, we're going to the concert tomorrow, yay!!! I admire your strength, both yours and Brent's. Hope you are doing well. I've been on a Muse kick lately, as well as my usual alternative mix :)
Vicki
I'm just now finding allll these updates. I forgot your blog was private and that I need to check it, not just wait for my Google Reader to tell me you posted. OOPS! That Beatles song is PERFECT. I haven't thought about the soundtrack to my life for a long time. All we listen to now is the the kids live station on XM does that count? I actually like most of the songs.
Post a Comment