Sunday, June 28, 2009

the real fathers day story...

i know that i already posted this picture... and that i wrote happy fathers day... but i wanted to remember this... what really happened for our sugar daddy on his fathers day...
... so Last sunday, Fathers day, I went over to the Martindales to wish Alan Happy Fathers Day and visit. I was only there a short visit and did not even think about it or expect any phone calls....
let me back up...
Saturday, I spoke with Bro Bennet, the first counselor of the branch where Brent attends on base while at MCRD, I called him to see if there was a way I could email him something and he print it and take it to church for Brent. They used to do stuff like that and got in trouble for it, so they cannot do that anymore... but he told me that he would write down a few things and deliever a message himself if I would like... so this loving kind man did just that... and told me that he would call me back Sunday to tell me how it went. So after I got that phone call Sunday after noon early evening I didnt think that I would get any important phone calls...
I left my phone in the car for no longer than an hour while at the Martindales house. When I got home about 830 pm, and was putting Jones to sleep, I noticed I had missed a call and I did not recognize the number at all. I then listend to the message and my heart sank! I was so sad that I was past tears! I sat with Jones in my arms (who was not feeling well, he had just thrown up everywhere and had a fever, i think a 24 hour flu... but a whole other story)... Brent had left a message saying,
"hello, I got a chance to call so that Jones could wish me happy fathers day. I hope you are doing well, Love you and see you soon."
.........so I was so sad, and then within minutes of debate with myself... decided that I would call this number back... I did not know if this was a persons cell phone, who would pick up.. if I was going to get Brent in trouble... nothing... I knew nothing,... only that I had to call back because if I didnt I would always wonder,,, and what is the point of that... no regrets right! So I pushed the send key and it rang.....
A man picked up and...
I said, "hello, i just received a call from this number about an hour ago.."
He said, "What is your name"...
me "Errin Martindale"...
him, " ok, hold on, (shouting) MARTINDALE, MARTINDALE, (to me) you said Martindale, right?"
me, "yes"....
him, "MARTINDALE".... silence....
voice of my best friend and lover "hello"...
me..."brent?"...
Brent, "yes"...
me, (so nervous and confused), "am i getting you in trouble, how can you call, what is going on, whose phone is this?"
Brent, "my Senior Drill Instructor is being very nice and letting Jones tell me Happy Fathers Day." me, ".................." (all of a sudden I could not control my emotions any longer... and I just cried)...
I told him in the very short time we had, "I love you, we love you, we miss you, we will see you soon."
He said the same....
I am so happy that I called back!

this is the "man" toast or "egg-in-the-hole" that we made for breakfast...

and all the yummy fruit... the watermelon was so awesome...

... what was even more awesome... the three fathers that i have in my life... my husband, father to my child... i love you i thank you for all you do! you are so perfect and so good to us!

the father that raised me and has always cared for me... thank you forever and always... i love you dad! i couldnt ask for more in a father!

the father that raised a perfect soul mate for me... you taught him well in many things! we love you! and thank you for who you are!

No comments: