Friday, March 20, 2009

to vegas we went...


so... since it was brents birthday and he will be leaving soon* we decided to take advantage of an awesome deal from travelzoo... two roundtrip tickets to vegas, four nights hotel and two tickets to cirque de soleil love for $320.00 usd... amazing???!!!.... i know!!!!!
a few fun things we did...
i have always wanted to try these chocolates ever since i saw them on one of my favorite blogs... and we just happen to walk into ceasars forum and there was vosges chocolate... yum! we tried a few while there and then bought some to take with us... brent tried a bacon chocolate bar... then we both tried a balsamic vinegar italian truffle, a dulce de leche truffle and some of there new darkest of dark chocolate... so good... my very favorite is the red fire bar... it was so good!!!
the belagio buffet... brents birthday desserts... these are only a few that he had to choose from on his birthday...

here is a mini cheeseburger that i loved!!! yes another hamburger... i love them all...
we also went to the coca-cola factory/store and took a tour of the world through there 'tastes from around the world' sodas...
they give you two trays just like this one and then...
... they also give you two sheets of paper that label each soda, what it is called and where it is from...
...we could not understand why some of these places liked what they liked... so different!!!

this is the most disgusting soda ever... it is #7: Beverly from Italy... so gross... at first it wasnt bad... i actually liked it... but that lasted for about 2 seconds... then it became the most bitter thing i had ever tasted... and then it lingered no matter what else i tried to drink... crazy...

altogether.... very interesting and something fun and new to try... but a ton for even both of us to drink!!!

my most favorite thing we did... i absolutely loved loved loved 'love'... it was awesome... it just kept getting better and better... everyone must see 'cirque de soleil love'...
enough said... it was amazing!

dinner at carnegie deli... we still cant believe how much meat is on one deli sandwich...

we had so much fun...
brent...
thanks for such a fun trip!!! i hope you had a most happy birthday!!! i love you with all my heart!!! besos... tu media naranja...
*brent is now leaving april 6th... yeah... we get to spend more time together before he leaves for boot camp...

7 comments:

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

What a fun trip! I hope you guys are doing well. Did Jones stay with his Grandma?

Vicki

Shauna said...

K I want to do/try everything you posted about. Except for that deli meat sandwich that has a whole pig's worth of meat. Looks like such a fun trip. Love all the pictures!

Holly J. Wood said...

Yea! I'm so happy that you get to spend more time with Brent before he has to go. :) Thanks for being so good about blog posting, I love to see what fun adventures you guys are up to! This is random, but will you email me your mom's recipe for Lime Chicken? I've been craving it ever since that night!

Allie said...

Oh my gosh. I obviously have been out of the blogging world way to long...Brent is going to be a Marine! Holy cow! Good for him. Good luck to him and good luck to you, you guys are such a cute family and I am so excited for you guys!

Kevin and Melissa Williams said...

How fun, you are so good at documenting your trips I need to be like that. By the way the ABC blocks look great.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

What a fun trip! Was there ever a cuter/cooler couple than you and Brent? I don't think so! PS.. Those cakes are ALL incredible, and I adore that picture of Jones mesmerized by the smoke. Excellent camera work!

KatieJ said...

What a fun trip- we are going this weekend and Shauna said I should go see what you guys did- I'm excited now! Thanks~