Monday, May 21, 2007

earthquake!!!

since we have been living here, we have felt two earthquakes... kind of crazy... i didnt expect that to be one of the things that we would encounter while living here! here is a picture of the first earthquake, the star is where it originated from. it was about 7:30am our time wednesday, january 4th 2007. the whole house wobbled or swayed for a few seconds, i thought i was dreaming... (if you go straight east from the star and up just a little, that is where guaymas is) .... this is the picture of the second earthquake that we have felt... this one was yesterday... may 20th 2007. again... crazy... brent and i were sitting on the couch, enjoying our sunday afternoon, and it was almost like the ground was growling... then shaking the whole house for only a second or two... but you cant miss it... crazy!!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Yea, you have a blog too! I had no idea what I was missing out on...blogging is a whole new world I was totally unaware of. It was so fun to look at your pictures and hear and see what you guys have been up to. So, when is your next visit to good ol AZ? Rob and I miss you guys!

Shauna said...

That's crazy! Our hurricane season officially starts today (it's 3:05 AM and i can't sleep - sick).

Allie said...

Errin, I'm so glad you guys have a blog! That is totally crazy, I had no idea there were earthquakes in Mexico. Never crossed my mind I guess. Anyways, you had a post way back in March that cracked me up so I had to comment there too. Good to hear you two are doing great despite the earthquakes!