Wednesday, January 20, 2010

pch:pacific coast highway

new years day

01-01-2010

We decided that since Brent had the day off new years day we would go on a little adventure. Brent and I have always wanted to drive the pch and just see what we could find. We only had the day and wanted to drive only a small part of it… So we started just south of where we live in Carlsbad at Dons Country Kitchen for breakfast. So good, if you want some delish biscuits and gravy, this is the place.

Then it was on to Dana Point and Laguna Beach… we stopped at a beach called a thousand steps beach, although it was a short 192 steps to get down to the beach, (brent counted), we loved being there…

(jones decided to get wet = no shirt)


next stop, nothing new but we just happened to be driving by fashion island in Newport… so we stopped for some wahoos tacos and pinkberry… just as we sat down to eat, jones wipes something from the table and says, “yuuummm” then sticks his finger in his mouth… yeah, he ate bird poop… I freaked out and brent laughed… at least he can see the humor in moments where I cant… we ended our fashion island trip with a short stop at one of the coolest water fountains… i love watching jones watch this one... it is crazy...

then it was nap time so we didn’t stop again until we reached the santa monica pier….

Pretty cool and I was loving it there, we parked near the promenade and then walked to the pier… there were some public restrooms… we stopped for a bathroom break…. Which I will never do again… public restrooms are now on my ‘do not go there’ list… I went first and then came out to stay with jones while brent went… I sat down on a bench with jones and this guy almost immediately came up and this is the conversation we had….

............

Guy: are you ok? Are you ok?

(he had a weird drawl/southern like accent... or maybe just drunk/high)

Me: yes???

(me thinking… oh, great, he is going to ask me for money or something)

Guy: do you have something to eat?

(me thinking, oh I was right, this guy is intense, oh brent hurry)

me: yes, I have this fruit by the foot. (jones was eating a fruit by the foot)

guy: that is it… oh my goodness… that is all?... oh my goodness... you need more than that…

(i swear it was like he was about to cry)

me: no… we are fine…

guy:you don’t have anything else...?

me: no, but we are fine (thinking oh, brent please hurry)

guy: oh my goodness, oh my goodness, do you have somewhere to stay tonight?

Me: yes…

Guy: you do???

Me: yes, my house…

Guy: oh, really where is your house??

Me: Arizona… (obviously I am lying, but I was totally creeped out… I was actually so nervous that I was tearing off pieces of jones's fruit by the foot and shoving it in his mouth... poor kid i wasnt thinking about what my hands were doing)

Guy: oh my goodness… you have to go all the way to Arizona… tonight… oh my goodness… how are you going to get there

Me: in my car (this guy is so weird, he is actually really worried… I think he is high on something)

Guy: oh, you have a car…

Me: yes I have a car… and we will be fine…(brent please please hurry)

At this point he was just starting to sit by me on the bench… I have no idea what he was going to get out of his backpack… luckily brent did hurry and he walked out right then

Me: see here is my husband and we are fine…

Guy: oh, this is your husband.. (now talking to brent) sir, oh, I was just so worried, I saw them sitting there and…

Brent: um... ok thanks... (brent was so confused... we both had a good laugh when i told him what had just happened...)

We quickly left and I was so bugged/scared/baffled… I guess jones and I looked homeless and helpless …

the end

(thank goodness)

............

After that we did have some more fun… santa monica pier was fun… jones loved watching the ferris wheel and all the lights… then the promenade… there were a bunch of cool street performers and some good people watching…

After taking all day between our stops and fun we only took an hour and a half to get back home…

Thanks for the fun pch day…

1 comment:

Shauna said...

LOVE that first picture of you & Jones. Do not love creepy guy by the bathroom.